Monday 17 February 2014

Clockwork Creature



Clockwork Creatures is the next artist I will be looking at.
For a long time I have been following this artist’s works.  They are another maker of realistic mascot costumes. The name of Clockwork Creatures is a very well known one to the community- known for their quality of work.
                I’ve always planned on commissioning this artist because I very much admire their work. In fact I favor the work of this artist above anyone else. In this following post I will explain to you the reasons why I think this artist is one of the top producers for their medium.
                The first example I have is that they are able to produce and create costumes with a vast variety of species. I have seen much of their work and each species (many more unique than the generic cookie-cutter wolf) has been done to almost perfection. It is difficult to make a mask look completely realistic and yet Clockwork Creatures manages to create them so well they could be mistaken for the real thing!

 Goat-like creature
 Wolf
 Spider (very unique)

Snowy Owl
A link to their website with many other examples of their amazing work can be found here!

                     On their FAQ they also give instructions on how to store your costume so that there is no accidental breakage or damage, as well as thorough cleaning instructions to keep the artworks in the best condition possible after any wear and tear. I think it’s especially great that they do offer a 90 day warranty to customers for nothing. On their website it states that it covers damage and repairs for the first 90 days (I assume after that, if any repairs are needed you must pay service fees, but that’s perfectly fair for their hard work to repair.)