Thursday 13 February 2014

Squeedgemonster



For my new review I have chosen a long-time inspiration for myself- an artist who goes by the screen name Squeedgemonster.
                Long ago I discovered her art via her partner- a man who goes by the screen name Renard Queenston- who produces a variety of electronic music. She had contributed to his project by supplying him with (as far as I’m aware) the vast majority, if not all, of the album artwork that appears on his album covers and artist websites.
                Her style is generally very cartoony and unique; the use of bright popping colors coupled with her sharp styled lineart appeal very much to me. As a fellow artist I look up and gain much inspiration from her works and aspire to someday produce works of the same quality as her own.



Aside her wonderful usage and understanding of color she also has a great grasp on anatomy. She can skillfully toonify realistic proportions- making them still correct as well as staying true to her cartoony style. Another delightfully pleasant aspect of her artwork is that alongside being able to create attractive looking anthropomorphic creatures, she also has a great grasp of non-humanized animals and can range from semi-realistic proportions to very heavily cartoony creations.





               

                The final aspect of her work that I find very pleasant and notable is the common theme in many of her public works. She tends to have an affinity towards the “bright dark side”-or more Halloween-esque themes. Not morbidly dark as some artists, her art is almost always contains some element of light-heartedness and childish fun.

All in all, I find her work to be very pleasant and something I draw inspiration from very frequently.You can view some of her works at her gallery here!